Smokey eyes have been in fashion for quite a while now and show no sign of fading away. The most important aspect of creating the smokey eyes effect is precise blending of the colors used. This article gives a step by step approach to creating perfect smokey mink lash extensions.
1. Ohuts mink lash extensions base: You should start by applying a light shade of concealer under the eye area and all over the top eyelid. This prevents the eye shadow from melting into the eyelid. It also prepares the eyes for the shadow to be applied.
2. Apply eyeliner: Apply the eyeliner just above the upper lash line and draw a thicker line to the bottom eyelash. You can do this by starting in the middle and drawing the line to the outside of the eye. Alternatively, you can line it from corner to corner.
3. Adding eye shadow: For this step, you should use either a small eye shadow brush or a q-tip. Apply the eye shadow using the brush or q-tip and smudge it to get the full mink lash extensions look.
4. The lighter base: In this step, you should apply a lighter shadow to the darker hue. The lighter shadow should be one of a neutral tone (e.g. a cream shade). Blend this through to your brow bone.
5. Blend in darker color: The brush should be used to blend in the darker color starting from your lash line to the crease. This darker color should be blended into the lash line so that the eyeliner disappears.
6. Clean Up: Any eye shadow that has fallen below the mink lash extensions should be brushed away with any areas of that have been smeared cleaned up with a q-tip.
7. Apply your favorite volumizing mascara for effect.
Eye shadow makes the best eyeliners. Use an eyeliner brush, wet it, and then use the wet brush with dark eye shadow. This will create deep, precise lines.
Adding two or three coats of mascara to curled mink lash extensions will give you quite a dramatic look.
Nude lips work best with the smokey eye look.